Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Passion


I maybe a little late for this week’s scribble, but the prompt this week is too tempting to bypass. Smorgasbord; an assortment of prompts. We didn’t have to go far, cos this week we’re allowed to choose one of the 100 prompts that SS has inspired us with in the past two years.

I picked Passion! There’s a world of things one can talk about on passion, no? What I might write about is not so much passion. I would much rather call them simple pleasures. A few things I know I would definitely want to do before I die. And passionately so! :)

So here it is.

1. I want to adopt a baby girl.

2. I want to be able to wear bright stripped knee-highs, a summer dress with satin sashes, bright coloured keds and dress up like an English girl (hopefully before time starts to draw lines on the ‘girl’s’ face or before she loses her guileless smile). I’d like to have a British accent as well for a day or two. You know, talk the Queen’s English?!? I know I’ll look stupid but what the heck; let’s just say… it’s MY passion.

3. I want to visit Paris! Oh, Egypt perhaps. Or, Rome. From what I’ve read, I think it’s the most enchanting place on earth. And then Spain, I’m already in love with the castles and churches of Spain and I haven’t even looked at one. Only what I’ve read about. And seen on Discovery. But if I do Paris, I will definitely visit The Louvre. In fact, I want to do a lot of traveling. Learn a lot about the different cultures and blend all the good from them to live a good one myself.

4. And if I can’t travel, so what? I can still read. Aah, the places books can take you!!!

5. When I retire (did I mention I’m retiring at 30?) I want to go to the country and live near the temple by the temple tank. I already know which temple. Even if not at 30, that's definitely the place I'll find myself eventually.

6. I want to be a Godmother for someone.

7. I want to knit a sweater on my own and gift it to someone special. I know this can’t happen ‘cos I’m terrible at crafts. But just the thought of giving someone special a sweater knitted by me, is super exciting. :)

8. I want to be able to appreciate
Irving Wallace and Mills & Boon alike. In the same breath. And throughout my lifetime. Not feel guilty about any part of it during any part of my life. What’s a little mushy romance when you desperately want it. And a little suspense when you need to feel the thrill of the adventure.

9. I want to sing softly with a loved one on a beach and never worry about a note or two going off key. Maybe, we’ll have something to laugh about, years later. **smiles**

So well those are my passions. There's more smorgasbord here!

18 comments:

Devil Mood said...

Never late to smorgasbord!
And passion, of course, what else is there? ;)

DJPare said...

Never too late to Scribble! :)

I hope you get all that you are passionate about!

I want to retire at 30 as well - too bad I am already 38...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely list? Need help with your English accent? I'm your man!

dharmabum said...

thats a super cute list, iyer. and you like sirkazhi? super. now i know if i visit that place many years hence, i can knock on someone's doors for a lil tayir sadham before i continue to bum around :P

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Brecht said...

what a list! hope if not all, some of it will come true for u = ) But here r some curious questions,
Point 1 - u want to adopt but u want to hv your own kids too right?? or u r not even gonna try to hv your own and just adopt?

Point 3 - u can do that now, i am sure with all that work u r doing, u can afford it G3, or is travelling alone not allowed by your folks? or u dont hv enough annual leave from work? I hope u r not disappointed by the size of the Mona Lisa when u see it faceto face ; )

Point 5 - u want to retire in India? I would hv thought in some english country side with a nice english garden and a nice english country house (remembered about your dream sometime back)but so now i know ; )

Point 6 - i will keep that in mind the next time i am preggars hehehe

Point 7 - i think u r way too busy to take up such a hobby or u r too impatient to knit G3....

Point 9 - take your sister to the beach and sing to her! do it NOw, whatever u can do now, do it, dont wait, u hv many loved ones in your life i am sure of that ; ) ask your sister out on a date to the beach G3, am sure u miss her, then sing to her heheheh

Idah's Family Bluez said...

G3!! i love all your list and the adoption bit, i wanted to adopt every kid that is an orphan or left with no food, that was something of wishful thinking, then i think about the starfish story...

if you can save one starfish, you make all the difference... :D

I just wish i can like Mill & Boons together with Irving Wallace... *faint*

supernova said...

Nice list, trilooo... This temple you've mentioned, is it one of the temples you visit almost every year?

About adopting a baby girl and being Godmother to someone, I hold dear similar wishes. :-)

I,Me,Myself said...

I sincerely hope your passionate wishes are fulfilled. I like the innocence of your wishes too; little things like singing or knitting a sweater, and dressing up! I guess everyone has wishes of this sort; I can relate to your idea of retirement at 30 near a riverbank, being able to knit something and visiting places!

Rims said...

Hey thats very sweet list....my my I didnt know there were others like me with a secret desire to adopt a baby gal :D Talk about retiring...I wish I could but the travelling part keeps me on toes for need the $s for everything else. :D Enjoy and live those passions...

Maami Talks said...

hey mis iyer!

A sooper dooper list .... but i believe the greatest challenge would be finding a partner who shares at least 75-80% of these intersts with you .... especially about adoption =)

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

great list g3... i am reading your blog after a long time... but enjoyed every wee bit of it... :)
I hope you are able to address most of your wish/want list...

Miss Iyer said...

DM,

absolutely! :)


Dj,

Select 39 then ;)


Keith,

Lol.. Queen's English? I'll be traveling to that side of the world soon.. I'll learn and lil when I do, and will come to you to fill in the gaps.


Dharma,

Always welcome DB, always!


HT,

Thanks.

Miss Iyer said...

Mush,

WOW! This is what I like Best about writing! YOUR COMMENTS! :) Here are answers to your curious Qs:

#1. Yep, I'll have my own too. I'm gonna have three brats. One of 'em will be adopted :)

#3. I absolutely can. Whether alone or not; I will. Yeah.. I've heard about the size of the Mona Lisa from others too. I'll try not to get disappointed Mush :)

#5. Yep! India! I love this country! It might not be the same temple I'm having in mind rite now.. I might change my opinion later. But India it is! There's no two thoughts about it! :)

#6. Oh please do! I'm booking that role for your next one ;)

#7. Put the two reasons together :P

#9. I already do that. Saving some of the fun for the special someone ;)

Miss Iyer said...

Idah,

There's nothing wrong with wishful thinking now, is there? :) LOL... I knw that you are soooooo not the M&B person.. ehehhe


SuperN,

Nope. I don't visit that every year. But I've been there at least 4-5 times and when we do go there.. we don't have an agenda. We simply sit there and laze around! Its fun! :)


ThornBird,

Thanks! :)


Rims,

You tooo? Join the club! :D Traveling sure takes the priority, doesn't it? Go Reema, Go! Do all the traveling! :)


Maami,

Hey maami, I've missed ya! I guess you're rite! That IS a challenge.


CM,

Welcome back! Look how much you've missed! :P Thanks CM. Visit often. And write more often too.

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

I know I have missed a lot, but no sweat, I will catchup... I have already begun to read all the blogs that I have/may have missed...

dharmabum said...

hey iyer ponnu, how u doing? write something soon!

Miss Iyer said...

Very well DB. I took your advice :)