Sunday, July 22, 2007

A come back


I have got to apologize for being so quiet for such a long time; I’m sorry I’ve been away. And from those ultra sweet messages I kept receiving on email and on the comments box, I can see that you guys have missed me as much as I missed you. I’ve been kinda jobless and busy all at the same time for a coupla weeks. You ask me how that’s possible? Yup it is, especially in the IT trend where projects are highly unpredictable! My earlier project got completed about four weeks ago and I got shipped from my client location back to my head office (where I did nothing but wait for some other projects that were in the offing) with very little (or sometimes absolutely no) internet access. That was some terrible time!!!

That said, it wasn’t as if I was totally jobless either, because the “
project in the offing” all of a sudden made its way right to my desk, and landed piping hot! As part of the kick-off for the new project, I, along with five others from my team, are now in New Jersey! It all happened soo fast, in a blink of the eye, that I didn’t even have the time to call my closest friends about my absence either. Picture this; getting stuff ready for my visa application, appearing for the visa interview in short notice, and two days later travel to the NJ without having time to plan a single damn thing, all this in just one week! :-/

Well, anyway, up until now, things are fine here. I’m loving the place I’m living in; a nice, neat, calm country side of NJ called Bridgewater. Work has been fine, and I’ve been doing well too (this is for those that emailed me and asked me if I was keeping well). I visited New York today (the first Saturday after I landed here) and a small temple quite close to the office on Friday evening.

I will be here for the next six weeks and will be back just in time for my sister’s wedding in the end of August. There’s lotsa pictures of the B-E-A-U-tiful NJ country, and a few pictures from NY too, but yaaawwn … that’s all for now … right now I’m going to sign-off!

I’m homesick already and wanna go home and be a part of the big wedding preps :(. Sigh!!!

You guys take good care and big hugs for a great weekend while I try to catch up on all those new posts from you. Adios!

Missed ya all! :)

16 comments:

Brecht said...

Take care of your sweet little self whilst there G3 and i look forward to seeing pictures with u in them please = ) God also that you found a temple to go too! Hugs for now, summers a downer still for most people here but a bliss for me = ) heheheh

Aditi said...

welcome back.. i was starting to wonder abt the silence..
anyway sounds exciting being shipped off at a moments notice.. hope u're having fun
=)

supernova said...

Well, I made my excitement apparent when I spoke to you, didn't I!?! Come back soon, though! :-)

dharmabum said...

thats the way i'd like to travel - think, and move. no time to plan and al, thats too boring.

america has been and will always be my greatest fasicination. will await the pics.

u, in the meanwhile, have a ball of a time, iyer :)

Mridhool said...

G3! Aunty and Uncle will b happy that u are not around hehe.. to do naughty little things amidst whole lot of wedding preparations! lol.. kidding! Come back soon :) Ppl at home shd b missing u a lot!

Oracle said...

NJ is nice, NY nicer.

:)

Rims said...

Hey thats great news...was little worried when I didnt find u online...but didnt do anything didnt email u ;-), the lazy me assumed things are hectic at ur end...This is simply great news....hope u enjoy there and have loads of fun...
Cheers!

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

just read this and am really excited for you. take care. god bless you!!

Ali S. said...

NJ and NY....hmmm.....someone's having a blast in US i guess ??

Unknown said...

No posts yet?

K said...

hey....its kinda odd that I have known you only through your 'blog comments'....which i love by the way...;)...do drop in a line sometime....karthik2@gmail.com

Mohan Sridharan said...

Hi... Guess u are having a great time here... Is there a number where I could reach u at!... for intros... this is Mohan, an ex-classmate of yours in UG!

Junius said...

we miss u miss iyer :D

Miss Iyer said...

MUSH,

Good to know you liked the pics. They will be up on the blog too for the benefit of my other blogger friends. :)Here too summers are hot, but thankfully not humid! Thanks for the warm welcome. :)


ADITI,

Thanks. Looks like I've gone silent again. There's just too much activity going on here. Thanks, I'm having fun up until now. :)


SuperN,

Coming sooooooooon! :)


DHARMA,

That's the way I like to travel too. But not on business :-/ America has been ur facination?? Really? Somehow, this isnt my cup of tea. Thank God I'm only here on a visit!

I promise to have fun Dharma. :)

Miss Iyer said...

MriD,

:D Trust me gurl, they're missing me like hell! :)


ORACLE,

I totally concur!


RIMS,

Hey gurl. Sorry I hvnt read your post in a long time :-/ And dont worry abt it. Im lazy too and I hate writing emails :P Thanks, I'll have fun and be good.


CM,

Thanks CM.

Miss Iyer said...

NAWAB SUD,

Yep I am, but do I know you?


SMITA,

A lil late, but with some updates :) I've become less frequent on blogging huh? Will get back into action soon.


K,

Thanks K, thanks for stopping by. I absolutely love Filter Coffee, both as a beverage and to pop into your page off and on! :) I'll surely get in touch with you.


BAALA,

Mohana krishnan? How nice to have met you in blog world! :) Good to know you keep popping by!


ENDE,

Thats soo sweet Ende! I miss you guys too and I'm still guilty for not visiting your pages :-/