Thursday, December 27, 2007

My birthright is an unwritten law


--------------------------------------------
Joey: Face your fear. You have a fear of heights? You go to the top of the building. You're afraid of bugs? Get a bug.

Joey: Go for it man! Jump off the high dive. Stare down the barrel of a gun. Pee into the wind!

Chandler: Yeah. Joe, I assure you if I'm staring down the barrel of a gun, I'm gonna be pretty much peeing every which way.

--------------------------------------------

This is an extract from the famous sitcom FRIENDS. Strangely, Joey’s making sense, isn’t he? Sometimes, I'm glad for people like Joey. I'm in a confused state of mind right now.

I get reminded of Nickelback's Far Away...
"This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
"

So right now, the last thing I need is more Joey-ness. But surprisingly, his stupidity is helping out a lil bit. What’s life like if you can’t live it to the fullest? And if you can’t trust what you’re about to do. So for the new years, whatever resolutions I'm making (or not), I plan to trust myself in whatever I do. In whatever I am capable of doing. Believe in myself. This makes me feel a lot better already. :)


--------------------------------------------

Also, here’s a wonderful track by Eric Carmen from the movie Dirty Dancing (all you romantic-movie lovers should know exactly what I'm talking about). He’s got a ridiculous outfit on, in this video… but its Eric Carmen all the same :) And I particularly LOVE this song.

Here goes… Hungry Eyes! There’s such melancholy and profoundness in the lyrics.



Whenever I listen to this track, I always close my eyes and wear my earphones. :) I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

--------------------------------------------

Happy Holidays everyone. And have a pleasant new year. I hope 2008 brings you everything that you want, and more! If you think, you want more than you’re entitled to, then go ahead and make it your birthright! It then won't sound greedy after all! Trust me, it works! ;)

I'm gonna go get myself a bug now.

Love ‘ya all

8 comments:

dharmabum said...

yeah iyer, we love you too :)

Brecht said...

heh heh heh, we love u too G3, pls blog somemore and i hope u wont stop! yeah am gonna go get meself some bugs too... hehehe wish me luck ! ; ) Hugs G3, hv a smahing New year...

Mohan Sridharan said...

Talking of friends, and for people who might not mind Piracy... herez somewhere you can catch more of Joeisms :)...

Devil Mood said...

That's a very good resolution! Sometimes the secret for a great life philosophy is in the simplicity.
I can't blieve I don't know this song...God, the 80s...;)

dharmabum said...

new year party started already? ;)

have a great year ahead, iyer. *hugs*

Miss Iyer said...

Dharma,

:) and thanks, you too have a great year ahead!


Mush,

Good luck! :)


CV,

Thanks for stopping by!


DevilM,

I knwwww :D Yeah its the 80's. If you listen to the OST, you'll fall in love with it!

phish said...

love the joey-isms and what you have to say. the simplicity of life is overwhelming. and i am glad there are people discoverng it.

lots of love.

Miss Iyer said...

:)