Sunday, January 06, 2008

The End of Year Meme




A little too late for an end of year meme. But I kinda like this one from Devil’s. So I’m going to take it.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I traveled outside of India, missed two of my favorite festivals, missed my loved ones tones, learned a lot, cried a lot, laughed a lot, and cooked my own lunch for 3 months.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, and never will.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Three of ‘em! That’s a lot by my standards.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully No.

5. What countries did you visit?
I visited the United States twice. I hope the New Year will let me travel less to the US and more to other countries.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
If I asked for it, would I get it?
A niece or nephew? (If my sister’s reading this one, she should start working on it!) :D
Actually, I want to be, and feel successful in everything. 2008 would probably be the year that helps kick-start it!?!

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 31st; my sister’s wedding. July 2nd and December 17th. (I have my own reasons)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’ve gained the confidence and trust of two of the most important people in my life. AND, a few from work. And it really feels good. Believe me :)

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can’t think of anything. I’ve just decided to stop experiencing vertigo. I don’t intend to!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Absolutely! Falling sick is easy for me, and my cards read that 2008 is gonna be another year of ill health for me :(

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Books. Lotsa ‘em :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No one.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling, books, sister’s wedding, and shoes, in that order!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
About 2008. Seriously! Up until June of last year, everything was pretty mundane. I was disappointed in me. And since July, I can’t stop thinking about 2008 and all that I’m about to do this year :) Wish me luck!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Umm… Forever and For Always?!? Shania Twain.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
umm… that’s an easy one. I’m definitely much happier, unquestionably a lot fatter (cheesy smile) and yep, I’m Miss Richie Rich!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More reading, more traveling, more crushes(?!?), and probably feel more romantic :D

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
That’s easy too. I wish I were less stupid! :-/

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I don’t celebrate Christmas. But since I reached home on the eve of Christmas, Christmas day itself was pretty much spent sleeping through and trying to getting out of jet lag.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yeah, a handful of times. But sadly, it’s not getting carry-forwarded to 2008.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Fortunately for me, I don’t watch TV. It’s not my thing.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Thankfully no. I can forgive people easily if it doesn’t mean too much to me.

24. What was the best book you read?
Rebecca!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A lot more of Roxette!

26. What did you want and get?
Nothing.

27. What did you want and not get?
I wanted a music player. I’ll pick one up soon.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
No favs. I’m not big on movies.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday morning was a big surprise. I wake up and come into the living room and there’s my sister and BIL with this cute cane chair as a birthday gift. :D But unfortunately, the rest of the day was pretty much boring. A hopeless total of three people called to wish me. I turned 26 and felt like an old hag. :P

30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I worked very hard. Success sure tastes sweet.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfortable, Business casuals.

32. What kept you sane?
Blogging, Books, Music. Thank God for music!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Antonio Banderas! Last year. This year. Next year. A.L.W.A.Y.S!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t follow politics so much. But Bhutto’s assassination was pretty appalling.

35. Who did you miss?
Missing someone is the hardest thing for me. For everyone I guess. When you miss someone, it’s kinda difficult to mention how much you miss them, isn’t it? It’s equally difficult to mention names too. So I’ll let it remain a secret. :)

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Very many people. Elayaperumal being one of ‘em.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Oh I got more than one:

Friends are the best things that can happen to us.
Hard work is scary.
Success is too sweet but it brings green-eyed monsters along with it.
And … Relationships are hard!!!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This one’s a song called Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. It pretty much describes this past year for me.

I am unwritten, can’t read my mind, I’m undefined
I’m just beginning, the pen’s in my hand, ending unplanned
Staring at the blank page, before you open the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it

Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips.
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

The rest is still unwritten!

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

That was great, you old hag ;)
I'm with you: 2008 is going to be THE YEAR! And more crushes, lots more!

Gaining the confidence and respect of people that are important to us is one of the best achievements one can get :)

Happy 2008 to you!

dharmabum said...

u fell in love a handful of times? :O ok, so i'm having some serious competition now :P

Miss Iyer said...

DM,

Thanks! :)


Dharma,

LOOOLs! U betcha! ;)