Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Disassociating myself from Murphy



Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way
~ Edward A. Murphy ~

I beg to differ.

This is like being the centre of attention in a theater where thousands of pairs of eyes wait with diligent eagerness sparkling behind their eyes. They’re obviously expecting a decent performance after having paid for the play. And you have butterflies, the size of dragons!

This is like the feeling you get when you’re sitting in front of a full auditorium … a grand piano at the centre of the stage, an entire auditorium earnestly waiting to listen to you reverberate the ambience. You’re fingers will refuse to play, just then!

Simply put, it’s ‘Baggage Claim’; which, in my humble opinion, is the most stressful part of travel.

My work is as scary!

But I love what I’m about to do in the near future. And now I don’t feel all that jittery after all. I’m going to jump the gun. I’m going to get silly. Nothing can go wrong! The full house only reminds me of the confidence the audience has in me, and of the impending ovation. I will therefore override Murphy’s Law, take the plunge and stretch my legs as far as they can take me this 2008.

So maybe, I should now say…Everything happens for the good!

Time will tell the rest. Wish me luck!


Picture Courtesy: Google Images

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok then G3, G O O D L U C K !!! ;)

supernova said...

Absolutely! Here's tons of luck for all the year through...

Idah's Family Bluez said...

G3! Tons of luck for ya!!!! and yes, its murphy's law, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong... and that is why i think murphy is a man who never gotten lucky in a bar before... :D
take care and hugs

Idah's Family Bluez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Iyer said...

Thanks everyone :)

Mridhool said...

G3.. All the best!

Devil Mood said...

Good for you! With such determination, you're right, it won't go wrong!
Good luck, if you even need that ;)

phish said...

i wish i could differ. damn. it's always working for me.

Miss Iyer said...

Phish,

Aww! I'm sure you can go over it if you fought a lil :) Hugss!!

dharmabum said...

indeed it does. it is easier said, but to KNOW that there is a reason behind what happens with us, thats what makes us truly blessed