Sunday, January 06, 2008

Nadal and Moya


WOW!!!






I just got back from a 4.5 hour semi-final match between Rafael Nadal and Carlos Moya at the Chennai Open tonight. I have no words to describe it, but this evening Chennai had an opportunity to witness one of the BEST MATCHES EVER! And I'm glad I made it. Getting to watch seed #2 Rafael Nadal and seed #7 Carlos Moya at the same court is a real boon. Both sportsmen gave their best. All 3 sets went into tie breakers and the audience were constantly on their feet! And so was I! :D They’d go berserk every time one of them went into an Advantage and the other broke it into a DEUCE! The semi-final was as good as the finals itself. I’m sure none of the Chennaites would like tomorrow’s match if they had seen today’s.

It was a 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 victory for Nadal. After he took it, Nadal threw tennis balls into the auditorium using a cricket bat. It was the funniest sight to see him struggle with it. :P

And what’s more. Some 6000 fans. A binocular in my hand! A heated match! Two Spaniards! 21-year old Nadal. 31-year old Moya (as hot as Nadal). Ooooh la la! ;) What more could I have asked for?

A HUGE thanks to my BIL who got the tickets for us and to my sis who screamed along with me for each point that Nadal took and sighed along with me each time he lost one. :P I had the best evening in a long long time!

8 comments:

Devil Mood said...

OH MY GOD!! I'm so envious!!!! :)

That must have been fantastic because they're both so competitive usually. And I was just thinking that they must be your type (I read about Banderas in the previous post!). I really like Moya, he's a classy gentleman :)

Devil Mood said...

Actually, I wrote about those two in a previous post, because of the arm they choose to play with..

http://devilmood.blogspot.com/2007/11/sunday-scribblings-left-right.html

hehe

david santos said...

Happy New Year, Miss Lyer! And best wishes for a healthy and successful 2008

dharmabum said...

i'd have supported moya, had i been there. and there'd have been a war tween us !

seri, match pakka poreengala, illai spain kaarangalye sight adikka poreengala? :D

good to see u back home though. happy new year to you and your loved ones. and lots of hugs too.

Brecht said...

Wish i had a sister, wish i wasnt the eldest one in the family.... but am glad U had a fabulous time with your dearest sis! hope it continues this way G! Hugs for a great week ahead!

Miss Iyer said...

DevilM,

Tee hee! :D

Yup, I read that post of urs. They're the best, aren't they?


DHARMA,

Oh actually, I support both Moya and Nadal. I've a great deal of respect for Moya. But in a game, you cant just jump in your seat if you don't support one of them. And I chose Nadal for the day! :)

Tee hee... for both reasons Dharma, for both reasons! :P


MUSH,

Awww. Hugs to you too Mush! :)

Oracle said...

welcome to singara chennai!

Ramya said...

u took all the best pics i/ur bil clicked :(
... thats ok.. i shall share your blog to all :)