Thursday, January 24, 2008

Odd Sugars?!


No! Just like Odd, I'm glad too that he's not Odd Sugars, but Odd Thomas! A short order cook who leads no ordinary life, has a scary and adventurous story to tell us. Now it wouldn't be fair for a person of such character to have "Sugars" for a last name, would it?

The story is a blend of thriller and horror (not the Stephen King kind that will keep you up all night). This book is a page turner that will keep you wondering and contemplating... who killed whom?... will he die? ... will he find the cold-blooded killer? ... Is it whom Odd thinks it is? ... Will Odd marry Stormy as promised?

It's an exotic, out-of-the-world kinda book that's very interesting if you're bored of reading mundane thrillers, adventures, do-it-yourself, what have you!

I didn't however, like how the story ended. I'd have wanted to read a happy ending after all that Odd had gone through! Anyway, Dean Koontz probably wanted to give the story a twist that it needed towards the end. This is only the first of the Odd books I've read, but I'm looking forward to read the other series as well.

All in all, it's a great book to read as a one-timer. Go fetch your copy from your library!

7 comments:

dharmabum said...

will do.
on second thoughts...probably not.

Brecht said...

Havent read any of DK's works yet, i started reading one but find that it wasnt my cup of tea. But perhaps this one will be my 'chai'!! hehehe Thx for the review babe! Hugs for now am off to blabber in Dutch again for my oral exams tomorrow, think by then B would hv gone deaf! hee hee hee

Devil Mood said...

eheh it's great when we're brought into the stories and can't get away from them!

Anonymous said...

you know what. you should post something you wrote ages before you started blogging. the very first 'blog' of yours that i got to read. in case you havent guess what i'm talking about, "bangalore and all" ring any bells? let me know if you dont have it anymore and i will send it across.

hugs,
bob

Idah's Family Bluez said...

G3!!! i am a dean koontz fan!! please please please read , Forever Odd and Brother Odd when you get a chance, thats the series.. man, i fell in love with Odd.. cos he's so odd.. hehehe

Miss Iyer said...

DB,

You're another Odd one! :P


MUSH,

Ask Da and she'll tell ya what a big Dean Koontz fan she is :) Rock on in your Dutch exams! :)


DevilM,

Umm.. It sure is!

Miss Iyer said...

BOBBY,

I knew exactly what you were talking about :) I found it from my email archives. But no, I think not. Can't bring myself to post that one.

Hugs back to 'ya :)


IDAH,

Yep, they are the next ones on my list. :) Yup, I love him too. He sure is an Odd one.