Thursday, June 21, 2007

Of course I dance in front of the mirror!


A friend gasped in sheer astonishment when I told her one of my traits which she considered inappropriate or unethical. Well, maybe inappropriate in a work environment.

Nevertheless, here are some really stupid things I end up doing impulsively. At least the ones that I can remember right away:

  1. When I walk on the road that doesn’t have a pedestrian pavement, I inadvertently move further and further toward the left as I walk along, for fear of being knocked down by a truck motorcycle.

  2. If I doze off with a book in my hand, my fingers would involuntarily clutch the edges of the book so as to mark the page I am reading. I know what you’re thinking. Use a bookmark? But I said “doze-off”, didn’t I? So what good is a bookmark by my bedside?!?

  3. I save the best food for the last. Don’t get what I’m saying? Think about the last time you saved that black forest cake, or a last potato chip for the end of the meal? Yep, I do that too!

  4. After I kill the engine in my car, I continue to press my foot on the brake while I’m digging into my bag, or taking things out before I get out of the vehicle. I don’t know why I do it, but I know quite a lot of women who do the same thing.

  5. And oh, if you didn’t know already, of course I talk (smile, laugh, giggle) to myself. Hell, I dance in front of the mirror. And don’t you tell me that you don’t. I know quiet well that you do too. :)

Anything unique (or uniquely stupid) that you do in front of the mirror? Or anything just plain stupid that you do? :)

18 comments:

Aditi said...

i make faces in front of the mirror..
hehe

supernova said...

I do lotsa stuff in front of the mirror or otherwise; dance, make faces (good job, aditi! ;-)), do a fashion parade... you get the drift!

Anonymous said...

okie.. i make faces, press zits,blackheads, check out my eye bags and pretend they're make-up for my next movie act! and there's this one thing i do for many many years, i draw with my hands, while walking,while sitting.. sheesh, its like, you can see my fingers moving.. hahaha

Oracle said...

In front of the mirror I dont have to do anything unique...

My face is stupid as is :)

dharmabum said...

can think of one thing right away -i read your blog :P

Miss Iyer said...

Aditi, SuperN, and Idah,

Good for you. But I thought you'd come up with the deep dark secrets ;)


ORACLE,

So make faces, then it would be unique? :P


DHARMA,

Reading my blog is stupid? That's the meanest thing I've heard! :-/

Devil Mood said...

Yes, of course I dance in front of the mirror! And talk to myself. And usually save some good bits of food til the end. Maybe it's something primal we all have in us.

Brecht said...

i use to check my fat ass, see how big my tummy is, dance, laugh, make faces and read infront of the mirror (esp if i hv to do a presentation infront of a large audience) since i got nora i also like to check out my ugly looking worm like scar where Nora was pushed out in November 2005! Its horrendous i tell u and to think i'll be cut again on the same spot is very excrutiating! (IF we decide to hv a second child that is) aarrgghh! the mirror is indeed a fascinating play thing for both the old and young - the sane and the INsane - hehehehhe

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

@ g3, can't control myself... :) I am already smiling, laughing and giggling :)

deepthi vinod said...

neat gay...very neat,i do the car thingy tooo

Miss Iyer said...

DevilM,

Umm, maybe. But I was expecting some unusual things to get poured in! :)


MUSH,

Of course you should have another lil one. You don't want to deprive lil Nora of her sibling(s), do you? ;) Good list there Mush, Yep, the mirror sure is a play thing! :)


CM,

You are? In front of the mirror?
But come to think of it, I can already think of a zillion silly things you do! :D


DEEPTHI,

Make a conscious effort not to. I'm trying my best back here too. We're only exerting that extra pain on our feet you know. :-/

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

not in front of a mirror, dodo...
your blog had that effect on me... when I was in front of the computer monitor :) :D

dharmabum said...

hey chumma daan pa - kindal onli. :P

but yes, i'm a champion at saying mean things :(

Mridhool said...

G3, know what i do in front of mirror often? I catch my dress like a kid and twist side ways - as kids do with their frock. hehe.

Miss Iyer said...

CM,

Go read ur latest blog post, and we'll see who's laughing, giggling, smiling :D. Btw, thats the cutest post I've read :)


DHARMA,

"Dharma Mean Bum"! yipppieee I found a middle name for u :D


Mridhool,

Thank God ur husband doesn't know about that yet?!?

Manikandan AV said...

really interesting...me too do such things...not in front of the mirror..but doing those kinda things wherever i can... he he he!
(one of them is singing loudly and shaking head all the way while riding in bike, i cant control myself...)

i don't think its stupidity. we can say it Iike this way...dancing to our inner harmony..nobody can listen the music, but can watch our dance... :D

but who cares about it...

keep the child alive whom you have in yourself...
:)

dharmabum said...

enna iyeraathu pongal ellam mean mean nu peseendu irukka. che che. abatham. orrey naan-veggu pa :P

Miss Iyer said...

The Monk,

Dancing to our inner harmony. How beautiful monk :) And the who cares attitude is perfect in such situations, isnt it?


DHARMA,

no no, its been over three years since I quit taking non-veg food :-P