Sunday, June 10, 2007

Podworks.in is on!

The PodWorks unconference is on! I must mention that although I walked in a lil late, I don't seem to have missed much. For the last two hours, a lot of talking and interaction has happened. Right now, even as I'm entering this post, Karthik Kannan is giving the 120 200 odd participants a presentation on 'Quick and easy podcasting'. As it seems to me, using ODEO and recording a podcast is child's play. As Karthik was even presenting it, I had my microphone on and recorded a 59 second audio in studio.odeo.com. Ta daa:


powered by ODEO

As you can see, the recording is not so great. The ambiance noise added to it too. But far as I can see, this, and the fact that you can't edit the audio, seems to be the only disadvantage.

Also, with ODEO, the entire thing is over in very minimal time. In this case, 59 seconds + 30 seconds for saving the recording and another minute or two to ramble about it and publish the same on my blog.

PS: Just attending a wiki conference such as this and not being able to do it hands-on is such a BIG disadvantage. Sooo here goes a BIGGER thanks to my cousin M who lent me his laptop for a day.


Addendum (Saturday June 09, 7:59 PM)

The post-lunch sessions included one on the do's and dont'ts of recording for a podcast or taking an interview. Then, a presentation on Integrating a podcast into wordpress/blogger including tips to promote your podcast et al. I had to leave right when Sunil Nair, CEO of Nautanki.tv started giving us some heads-up on how to go about gaining some Vitamin M :-/

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be there for the sessions on video podcasting or vodcast, without having to rush back on some other emergency. More updates and photos to follow.

3 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I can't seem to listen to it, it won't start :(
But it all sounds very exciting !

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

sounds very confusing... after i ranted to you about pod the other day... the rest of your blogs seem to be obsessed with one topic... PODCAST???

Are you ok babe??

Miss Iyer said...

DevilM,

I cant see why. I tried testing it on IE as well as Firefox browsers. Wonder what happed. Maybe ODEO was down then? Not sure.

The event was quite exciting and informative although the concept itself is very simple! It was nice to be a part of such an event all the same. :)


CM,

I am very ok. The event just happened to be on the same time period as our discussion on podcasting. That's all :)