Saturday, November 03, 2007

From where I'm standing


It has been such a long time since I posted a favorite song that I can hardly call this one the 'song of the week'. Song of the month would be more appropriate, no?

Anyway, this one's an amazing song from the movie I'm Reed Fish and is sung by Schuyler Fisk.



From where I'm standing, you're the quiet side of the road
You're looking so lonely, and I can't stop looking at you
Your head is hanging, trying to beat those goodbye blues
I bet you'll be fine
I bet you'll be fine

I guess it's not the way you always planned it
Looks like you're heading for a crash landing
That's just the way it looks from where I'm standing
From where I'm standing

From where I'm standing, I think I caught your eye
Are you looking at me cause I swear I saw you smile
I'm coming over, gonna take things off your mind
I bet you'll be fine

I guess it's not the way you always planned it
Looks like you're heading for a crash landing
That's just the way it looks from where I'm standing
From where I'm standing

I might make you mine
I might make you mine
From where I'm standing


8 comments:

dharmabum said...

u were supposed to post and tell us all abt the truth....u have failed us...noooooooo :D

Brecht said...

hey there G3! hugs! we just got back into the swing of things, i cant update the blog just yet, hv tons of dutch lessons to catch up on and a big test to do coming tuesday! argh! = ( u take care and hv a great weekend! wishing u and your family a blissful deepavali! M U S H

dharmabum said...

which part of the world are u in, iyer? and i see ur indulging in a silly little thing like twitter. grow up, and blog, will you? :P

Miss Iyer said...

Dharma,

HAHhaahhaha. Am in New Jersey again! And Twitter for me is a way of conveying things back home without having to email every single person (including daddy!) How lazy am I huh? :P Will blog about the truth soooooon :)

Miss Iyer said...

MUSH,

Its sooo great to hear from you. Hope you had a wonderful time back home! :) I knwww how frustrating it must be to come back to an test from a vacation :-/ Anyway, good luck to 'ya and hugs to you and Nora! :)

Deepavali for me this year will be away from home :( and in New Jersey where I'll be working on Deepavali day! Booo hooo :(

dharmabum said...

new jersey. hmmm...interesting. have always been fascinated by the US of A. only, never worked hard enough to get there. thinking maybe i'll stooge into some ship someday ;)

a very happy festival to u.

supernova said...

Nice pick, Trilooo... Btw, do I hazard a guess on which is the lie too?

Miss Iyer said...

You know me waaaay too well to be guessing Priecyyy :D But I still am curious ;)