Saturday, December 23, 2006

A friendship, I hope will last forever


This post is dedicated to a special friend.

It is true that a professional blogger should focus on writing posts for the audience that frequently haunts one’s blog. Albeit I am not a pro, I did make a conscious effort at doing so during the initial phases of my blogging experience, which later turned into a personal memoranda of thoughts and opinions being poured into my personal space.

I promise to get back to blogging on more generic subjects after this one last personal post.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the time I’ve been blogging, (which is about three months ago,) this friend has been constantly bugging me and been asking if he will ever feature in any of my posts, and if yes, what will it be about? Honestly, although I had promised him that there will be a post about him, I brushed it aside and didn’t bother to give it any serious thought. But now, thinking about it, I reckon, how could it hurt to write about someone whose mere thought/call/IM/email brings me immense joy!?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------


It was a little more than a year ago when I first met him on the Monday I first reported to my new employer. His desk, diagonally behind mine, remained empty till he walked in at 2:00 PM. Not that I am Miss. Punctual, but the fact that one could walk into work much after lunch hour, shabbily dressed, excessively grown scalp and facial hair, with a dull “like-I-care” gait, (all this with an easy air of confidence around him) at 2:00 in the afternoon, appalled me.

I instantly disliked him!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Since then, he has made numerous decent efforts to win over my discomfort level with him and in the process created an utterly sweet relationship. I have had my share of a lot of close friends in the past that I am grateful for, but often, they are short-lived and fade away sooner than I expect it to. Mostly, because I slip away from keeping in touch and sometimes because they do. But I’ve never had any regrets; none at all; sometimes I wish to stop just for that; to stop with good memories and not risk what I already have…

Anyway, getting back to reality, here’s a note for a friend who has made a great deal of difference in me. I ain’t that great with poems, but here’s a sincere effort…

When in a friend like you, I will always cherish
All those days when the dark clouds did perish
In a jiffy, would you bring a smile on my lips
Then follows, the unmistakable trail of your annoying blips

Shine unto me every single day
Your chirpy self, all true and gay
Bind us together with the adhesive of love
Fit in together like a perfect glove

An email, an IM, a chat, a call
Keep me grinning until I roll on the floor and have a ball
Promise to keep bugging me with those noises
Believe me! To my ears those are the sweetest voices



I can’t thank you enough for all the snickers that I can’t count, the endless amount of luncheons, the innumerable milkshakes/juices …

Thanks Allen for being there for me, whenever I needed you, and whenever I didn’t :). You're the best thing that happened to me in a long long time!

* Hugs *


7 comments:

Brecht said...

How about a picture of the best thing that happened to you in a long time, eh? Be nice to see this wonderful person you wrote about! Cheers, happy holidays!

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

:)

Miss Iyer said...

@ mush, brecht & nora,

I thought I said, "shabbily dressed, excessively grown scalp and facial hair, with a dull "like-I-care" gait". Picture El Mariachi from Desperado. That's close enough ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

How rude! You left me out tril!

Miss Iyer said...

lol, I didnt Beets. There's a special post coming your way, to be dedicated just for u ;)

Anonymous said...

lol... I knew that was coming beets! hehehe

Anonymous said...

what else can I say but... "INSHUHZUH" ;)