Saturday, May 19, 2007

Older Men?


People at work have decided to go watch Spidey 3 and I thought that it was a good idea to take my 14-year old cousin V who is supposedly bored at home during the summer, save her only entertainment; her IIT preparatory classes. This was part of the conversation we had.

Me: Our office has decided to take us to Spiderman 3 on Monday, wanna join?

Cousin V: oooh! You’re gonna go watch that movie? It wasn’t all that great you know, more like our Indian masala.

Me: Ok. So you’ve watched it! Any chance that you may want to go once again? (Duh! She just sounded like she wished she didn’t watch it the first time.)

Cousin V: Noooo. Won’t your office to take you to The Pirates of Caribbean - 3? Then I could join.

Me: No, but we could go if you want to. (I didn’t even know there was a 3rd part :|)

She sighed, we talked about this and that (Johnny Depp taking up a big portion of our time), and hung-up.

So basically, while I go watch Tobey Maguire, she’s drooling over older men like Johhny Depp! :-/ Am I to learn a lesson here?


8 comments:

Devil Mood said...

lol that's funny and interesting!
It may not be related to your age and your cousin's age, maybe it's just your taste in men that's different. Or maybe she just wasn't impressed with Spider Man, the whole context may have influenced her.
I'd prefer Johnny too ;)

Oracle said...

When one forms an opinion, any incident however remotely connected to the opinion tends to validate it! :)

Aditi said...

what abt orlando bloom?

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

I can't agree more with your lill cousin... my answer is - most definitely yes :)

Beaman said...

My answer is that you both have bad taste in men. :p

Brecht said...

had my fair share of obsession for younger men, it was fun for awhile but i got bored and still prefer much older and wiser men anytime = ) glad that am married to one now! *big grin*

supernova said...

Hehe... Well, a certain older Antonio takes up many of your thoughts too, right?

Miss Iyer said...

DevilM,

lol. or maybe its just me, 'cos I haven't yet seen any part of that film.


ORACLE,

Like what? What was my opinion? I don't get it :-/


ADITI,

Relax. If it makes you feel any better, she's obsessed with both of them from that movie! ;)


CM,

Ummm. Coming from another man, I'll consider it :-P


BEAMAN,

Really? She'd be heart-broken tho :) How about the hot and ultimate Latin lover Antonio Banderas? ;)


MUSH,

Lucky for you Mush!


SuperN,

* blush * * blush * ;;)