I’m tagged! I don’t take up all meme’s, only the ones I like or only the ones that are a little challenging. This one falls under the latter category because I absolutely hate the summer. Soo, its quite a challenge for me to come up with a list. Wow! The excuses I come up with, I cant believe them myself :-P
Anyhow, here’s an attempt:
- Watermelon juices (has to top the list)
- Summer holidays, which I wish were on for the rest of our lives; especially for the Carrom tournaments, Monopoly, beach trips on weekdays (this used to be fun), visiting our gramms at the village, running across the fields, eating ripe tamarind and getting a tummy ache. Given a chance I’d re-live those moments all over again.
- Warm lazy nights, cloudless starry sky, lying on the overhead water tank, listening to Roxette! Errrr…Have I mentioned this before? :D
- Loooooooooooooong showers, sometimes even thrice a day. I’d rather just stay in the shower for as long as I can!
- Iced tea!
- Mango milk, mango juice, mango pickle… actually all things mango. This season the mango yield was substantially low here. But thanks to Auntie M who brought us a box full of ripe mangoes from Hyderabad.
- Train journeys. We used to wait endlessly, for these were a boon during the summer when we get to visit our gramms.
- Sorry, I tried real hard; just couldn’t come up with 1 more thing I love about summer!
To be perfectly candid, I’m sure this tag was started by someone from a more wintry part of the world. How else can you justify this tag?
Now that we’re on it, I think I’d like to list a few things I loathe/loathed about summer too. Hee hee.
- The most obvious point? The heat itself!
- Bus rides. I hate them, cos the inside of the bus has this strong odour of a combination of sweat and urine of at least 50 different people. And when I get out, I’m sweaty and stinky too. Yuckkk!
- The traffic and the unmanageable temper of the commuters. I’ve noticed that this is more during the summer than during other seasons.
- Waiting for exam results. I absolutely hated this!
- Headaches. It would frequent during the summer. :-/
Whom should I tag? Anyone who would like to take it. Also, if you want to list things you dislike about summer instead of the things you like, go ahead and do it. :)