Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Eloquence of Silence!



I'm listening, but there's hardly any sound ... I may hear something, if I wanted to ...


Only if I want to listen to the inner peace... the inner serenity... the inner struggle... the inner battle...



I start to hear something... walking by the sidewalk, lame and low, waiting for the rain of silence to soak me down; soak down whatever remains of the jaded confusion and grounded apprehension!!!


When the cold reality displays its foreboding self… realization strikes my brains... bam... takes away the best of me… rubs against the raw wounds, fighting it and bringing more, leaving me numb no more!


The stillness of the grave, the cold wet land, the hush of the leaves from the branches soo low, quietly hanging on for dear life...

while the rest of the world wages war against silence but needs peace all the same; peace they have been deprived of.


Right here, right with me, is everything I want to know, everything I need to know, everything I want, everything I neeeeed...



but desperation doesn’t count it... it needs more and more and more AND just a little more


When I can feel silence, read silence, understand silence, appreciate silence, relate to silence... I write silence too


I'm guessing that when I finally wake up and lose the substance of my dreams, when I start to live outside of my dreams, I may find what I’m looking for...


And sometimes, silence, like thunder, may take me away from here... may shine into my bedroom, the light that will explain everything, the bright blue skies that will show me the way... far far away from here!





7 comments:

Ramya said...

Agreed little one :)

Music and Silence blend. I still remember those days in school, when i sneak into the Chapel after 5/5:30pm ; with all doors and windows closed and the silence blend so beautifully with every chord of the Piano.

It is something to experience and least of words to say.

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

here's a toast to Ayn Rand II!!! not that you have started thinking Capitalistically... but you are as deep as her...

dharmabum said...

i read your post...
...and silence prevailed

Miss Iyer said...

Ramya,

U bet, and why have you stopped playing the piano these days? Whatever happened to the song you promised to play for me? :-w

Miss Iyer said...

CM

Lest Ayn Rand gets you hear what you've said! She might come after you from her grave! :|

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

Well if Ayn Rand does come after me... then I have Ayn Rand II - G3 of Ark to save my skin... don't I??? :)

Miss Iyer said...

whatever you say cm!