Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wordless


For all the times that I’ve been fretting over the unacceptable behavior of our traffic cops and sulking about the hopeless state of affairs on our roads, here’s one that made me smile. :)


I’ve been religiously following the “I’m grateful for” posts by Novel Nymph and Dharma. But it never occurred to me that I should start writing them too. Not that I will in the near future either! I’m not someone that can go by a timetable :-/

Anyway, I woke up a little later than usual this morning, and found that my legs just wouldn’t co-operate, they just felt like lead! :( :(. Anyway, with the anxious feeling of wanting to take the day off from work, I continued to drag those legs and started for work.

With the completely crapppieeee mood that I was in this morning (the heat making matters worse), I was astounded when that fat, dark, pot-bellied traffic cop frantically waving to vehicles trying to get their attention at the Cenotaph road / Mount road intersection, gave one more look at me, smiled, and let me go before he cut the signal for the ones behind me. :)

That gesture really made my day (at least for a couple of hours :D)



6 comments:

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

G3, like I always told you... the world is not a bad place to live in :P... I am glad that the traffic cop's smile, brought a smile to your face too... keep grinning...

Miss Iyer said...

CM,

Will keep grinning sir! :D

Mridhool said...

i am happy he dint ask for ur liscence.. lol

dharmabum said...

see!

i hate timetables too, only as long as they are made by OTHERS for ME to follow.

ur leg not cooperating sounds like uma in kill bill :D

Miss Iyer said...

DHARMA,

Does it? I haven't watched kill bill :|

dharmabum said...

what a pity, miss i. if u like quentin, kill bill is a must watch. even otherwise, actually...its a brilliantly made movie. top class, really, but a tad too violent :(