Sunday, April 29, 2007
A few random thoughts that occurred to me when the word “wings” came to my mind:
- The wings of change… I should say is quite apt with the way my life is going on right now. And I’m not talking about the minuscule changes or differences in my current lifestyle. These are copious changes both in my personal and as well as professional life. I’ll just leave it at that.
- Soaring to the heavens…What must it feel like to watch our dear earth from up there?
- From high up there I can see small boats bobbing away on the high waves sailing quietly on the far river below.
- To be able to get over the fear of height (yes, I’m scared of heights)
- Wings of freedom…moving out of our home and living by myself in a different city; of a little freedom and a little flight :) Although only for a brief period, but it did let my clipped wings grow and explore the unseen, unheard, and unsought. It’s a wholly different thing that I had to go through some terrible lonely moments, but I guess it was part of the deal!
- I want to take my parents on a vacation someplace outside the country (and actually let them use their passports before it expires or before I renew it for another useless period).
- I myself want to visit Rome, Egypt, and Paris (very soon, although I don’t know how soon or haven’t planned anything yet). I’ve read and seen sooo many many things enchanting about those places that my need to visit them is growing deeper and deeper by the day! Perhaps I'll use those wings someday!?! ;)
- This amazing song by Roxette!
- Chasing butterflies, or rather butterflies chasing me. When I was much younger I was quite scared of butterflies and moths; I was even bitten by a scorpion once, and my little finger grew as big as my big toe and went pink in a matter of seconds. :| Phew! I still am scared of some creepy insects; I hate how unpredictable they can be!
This post is in response to the prompt at Sunday Scribblings. Not my greatest scribble, but I guess this should suffice for now, since I seem to be sharing this illness with CM.
PS: Congratulations to Liani @ SS on her book release!