Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Monday musings


Been living out of boxes for over two months now; it was great to have returned home last weekend (read, great to get back to mum’s food again). The weekend included a lot of playing the keyboard; I was TRYING to play My Immortal from Evanescence (much to the frustration of my sister; psstt, the keyboard belongs to her btw and she plays pretty well... er... kinda ok, not as much as I do ) and I ended up making music (or so I’d like to call it). Eventually of course, she grabbed it from me and effortlessly played most part of the song in less than an hour and she did it by ear.

Hola! Alritty; about the remainder of the weekend. We went to the India International Motor Show 2007 at Chennai Trade Centre.

Here are some pictures:





AND ...




I absolutely adore the Mitsubishi Lancer!!!


There was also a Ford Endeavour – Executive Coach; a poor imitation of the stretch Limo; I did'nt like it!

And now for the hard reality :-/


That’s my car at the Maruti Free Service Camp at YMCA Royapetta, minutes before a wash on Sunday.


12 comments:

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

well... well... look who's going clicking away with the newest weapon in her quiver... the G3 Camera... run for all you can... but you can't hide from this weapon :) your car looks good... so stop cribbing... (grin)...

BTW... I have revitalised my entire blog... made sure that every blog has a photo :)... I am feeling so proud... ok ok... I hear you... (what crap CM!!)

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

I would have loved some "Patel snaps" of yours in the exhibition... for those that aren't familiar with the term...

The term is conferred by firangs, essentially of US, to snaps having indian, essentially Gujjus; The firangs think Indians indulge in photography... only when they want to show someone that they have been to a place and not for the love of it... :)

A typical patel shot in this case would have G3, standing before each of the cars and giving her very famous grin... (G3 is going to kill me for this) :) :D

dharmabum said...

:))

couldn't stop laughing - at the post, and you trying your hand at playing the synth, and then, at CM's comments...

incidentally, i had a friend whom i used to call g3 too.

miss i, - u call this hard reality? hard reality is someone having the candour to admit 'wasting food' as a defining quality of herself, while half the world is simply dying of hunger. please don't take this for offense, but that, to me, is hard reality.

Anonymous said...

HaaHaaHaa, CM's comment made me laughed. Lovely cars too, once i attended a fancy car exhibition, there were scantily dressed girls advertising for the cars! Men were drooling all over the place! Especially around the Porshe and Ferrari counters!Glad that there wasnt any there G3 = ) Hv a great week ahead!

supernova said...

Nice pics! Your car looks nice too! Don't crib, I don't even have one yet!

Ramya said...

I better start to learn how to read the piano notes... at last i play for you after 5 months of u troubling me

Miss Iyer said...

CM,

I have two words for you; "You're mad!" and I know just the reason why. It's Val's week and you cant seem to patient enough! Aint I right? ;)

And yes, those are my first few shots from my new camera :-D. And rest assured none of them readers will get a chance to see any "Patel snaps" here. Think about it CM, have you ever seem me posing for pictures or having my pics taken AT all? :)

Miss Iyer said...

DHARMA,

Yeah yeah, laugh on! The day isnt far off when I'll be an expert on the piano. It's simple, I just need to set my goals toward it.

Maybe I'll take a video of it and post it pretty soon :-D

Aaaah! yes, wasting food. I've never ever wasted mum's food though, its already becoming scarce :-D

Miss Iyer said...

MUSH,

I'm gonna be meeting CM pretty soon and he's gonna have to face the consequences [grin].

You too have a great week ahead!

Miss Iyer said...

SUPERNOVA,

Thanks. And no, I'm not cribbing. Its just a comparison.

You dont have one? What would you like for us to call that Matiz?

Miss Iyer said...

RAMYA,

Oh u better. I've made some serious promises here to play some decent piano (soon).

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

girl, I am so frightened and terrified :D