Tuesday, November 28, 2006

For Sale!

The first thing that catches all our ladies’ attention to the newspapers (that is, IF we do get anywhere near them papers) on boring weekends is the “For Sale” sign. Throw in some bright flashy colours to the advert, and you can be rest assured, you will visit the place, even if they are selling away winter clothes and you know you can’t wear them in Chennai.

Come to think of it, I know of clearance sale for apparels, footwear, even air conditioners (during the off-season), microwave, and all other consumer durables. But have you heard of a sale for laptops?

The insert on yesterday’s paper said “Mega Clearance Sale!!!” Notice the three exclamatory marks, all part of promotional activities, I guess. It’s not jus a sale, it’s a cry “Mega Clearance Sale!!!” And what? Yes, brand new HP and Compaq laptops (and they choose to call it Mega Clearance).

At first, I didn’t believe the ad, or anything associated with it. But when I went there last evening, I should admit I was appalled by the display of them laptops, really cool ones starting at 50 grand and even the high-end ones didn’t go beyond Rs. 65,000. Free USB mouse, Bluetooth kits et al. (Just so you know, I still can’t believe what I’m writing.)

The sale is on till today at Vani Mahal, GN Chetty road, T-Nagar.

4 comments:

Mridhool said...

I read the same too; but dint give a heed to it thinking it was fake!

Btw, did u get something ;-).

Miss Iyer said...

Oh but it is true.

And no, I didnt pick up anything. How can I justify 50 grand to my dad? :|

supernova said...

Hmm.. a digicam, now a laptop... Are you turnin into a gizmo geek? :-)

Miss Iyer said...

Nah! I just couldnt stay put after seeing that paper insert, just wanted to go have a look! :)