Tuesday, November 21, 2006

When you have an eye as big as Madras

I have managed to stay away from Conjunctivitis for years now, and abruptly, it appeared last night at 8 PM while I was trying hard to finish writing a document. I must’ve been having the irritating sensation for a couple of hours before it actually struck, but I realised that I was a victim too, only after I felt that my eyes were on fire.

It started off with dirt being discharged out of my right eye; and then; the real pain starts. Your eyes feel like they are being constantly rubbed against sand paper. Watery and puffy eyes, redness, and irritation follow. All nerves split across in different directions. :) I think I’ve made my point here. Don’t mess with me for the next two days!

Care? Yes, keep your hands clean. Stay out of pollution, and wash your hands as often as possible. Yes, it is contagious, and NO, it does not spread to other people if they look into your eye. So if people in your workplace treat you like an untouchable, don’t give a damn. Look at the positive side, you can run as far away as possible from them! Ain’t that good?

Even as I write, my left eye is also having the same symptoms. Right now, I look like I’ve been shipped right out of Monster Inc.

See some pictures of me, here!

8 comments:

Mridhool said...

"So if people in your workplace treat you like an untouchable, don’t give a damn." - was that for us??!!! hahah lol..

n i just luved this "I look right I’ve been shipped right out of Monster Inc."

Miss Iyer said...

@ "was that for us??!!! " I am doing you all a favor and away from you. :) Besides, this is for the people who will be suffering from it in future. So don't worry about it.

Did you have a chance to look at my pics? :)

Mridhool said...

yes dearie!!

but G3 i want u to be in 7112 cabin! lol.. Plzzz..

Miss Iyer said...

LOL, rest assured. I will never try anything that dangerous ;)

supernova said...

Total nut!

Anonymous said...

tril..get well soon and stay away from me - you know who

AquaM said...

conjuctivitis is making its rounds and it scares the hell outta me!! I had my brush with the RED EYE bfore, and it aint a pretty pic!

Miss Iyer said...

@ you know who: Thanks Beets. Will stay away from you till after New years! :-D